Create Your Own Fundraiser for AIM!
Now you can help raise money to fight sex trafficking!
We’re excited to announce a new tool that will enable YOU, our amazing supporters, to support the work of Agape International Missions by involving your friends, family and extended network. AIM is launching an all-new Peer-to-Peer Fundraising tool. With it, you can turn any event into an opportunity to share your passion for ending sex trafficking and invite others to join in and contribute to your cause.
Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, hosting a 5k run, participating in a bowling event or remembering the life of a loved one who has passed, you can create a fundraiser quickly and easily that tells your story and gives information about what AIM does and how contributions will help end sex trafficking. Our system will create a campaign page for you that’s easy to share on Facebook, Twitter, by email, or however you choose. It will even show a progress bar to help you reach whatever goal you set.
Here are some ideas for how you can use our new Fundraising tool:
- Celebrate your birthday by asking for donations to AIM instead of gifts.
- Host a healthy dinner at home as a fundraiser for the AIM Medical Clinic.
- Set up an event involving your favorite sport or physical activity. For example, you could bike 1 mile for every $10 that’s donated.
- Start a Back to School Fundraiser with fellow parents to raise money for AIM School.
- Remember a loved one by asking for contributions to our cause as a legacy gift.
- Help fund an AIM SWAT Team Raid by competing with a friend to see who can reach $1,000 first.
- Be creative! This new system is flexible and can work for just about ANY idea you have.
What Can Your Money Do?
In Cambodia, even a little money can do a lot to defeat child sex trafficking! Here are some examples:
- $50 / month = keeps one at-risk child in school and out of the hands of potential traffickers
- $72 / month = provides a locker for a young man at The Lord’s Gym where our staff mentor and befriend them, helping them become healthy community members
- $100 / month = allows one woman to leave a brothel and stay at AIM Transitional Home
- $250 / month = provides care at AIM Restoration Home for one girl for a week
- $350 / month = covers rent for the AIM Employment Center where survivors learn valuable work skills
- $715 / month = provides comprehensive care for a rescued girl at AIM Restoration Home
- $1,000 / month = covers the expenses of the AIM SWAT Team for one day
- $7,500 = provides for a rescued girl’s entire time at AIM Restoration Home
Ready to Get Started?
CLICK HERE TO SETUP A NEW FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN, then follow the instructions found below.
Step 1 – Choose a Theme
The first step in creating a fundraising campaign for AIM is to select your theme. You can raise money
for AIM for a variety of reasons and in many different ways.
Choose Special Occasion at the top to raise money for AIM for your birthday, wedding, in memory of a
loved one, or other event.
Choose Challenge/Race if you’re running, cycling, swimming, or doing some other challenge to raise
Don’t worry, you can change these images later if you choose.
Step 2 – Choose a Type of Campaign
Select Individual if you are the only person raising money; for example, for your birthday.
Multi-Participant is the option to choose if you are raising money with others; for example: a team of
runners each raising money for AIM.
Select Team Competition if you want to compete as different members of a team, or if you have
multiple teams competing against each other to raise money for AIM.
Step 3 – General Info
Give your campaign a title (this will be publicly visible) and decide whether to fill out the other
information on the page. You can leave these fields blank if your event does not have a physical location,
date, or time.
Step 4 – Details
Here’s where you can upload your own custom Campaign Image if you want. Please use JPEG, PNG, of GIF
format, smaller than 10 MB. The recommended image side is at least 640 x 480 pixels, with a 4:3 aspect
ratio. Don’t know what any of that means? No problem! The stock image you saw at the beginning will
make your campaign look nice.
Write a Description of why you’re raising money for AIM and what the occasion is. This will be publicly
visible on your campaign page for your supporters to read when you invite them to give.
If you chose to include a Video URL from YouTube or Vimeo, please note that your custom image will
not appear on your page. The system allows for only one image OR video, but not both to display at the
Step 5 – Optional Settings
This page offers a lot of fun options to enhance your campaign. If you want to set a Fundraising Goal,
you can enter the amount here and a progress bar will be visible on your campaign page. You can also
set a Start and/or End Date, which is appropriate if you’re raising money for your Birthday or an event
like a 5k Run that happens on a certain day.
If you want a Custom Progress Bar for things like the number of miles you’ve run or cycled, the number
of socks you’re knitting, or the number of baskets you’re shooting (whatever it may be!) to raise money
for AIM, you can set that up here.
Most of our supporters can leave the Donor Waiver fields blank, but feel free to send us an email if you
think your campaign might need one.
Step 6 – Donor Rewards
This is where you can enter any kind of reward you’re giving for a donation you receive to your
campaign… like those nicely knitted socks you’re making at home (for example). Most of our supporters
will simply select None for this page.
Step 7 – Finish
To launch your campaign, you will have to create a login to our giving system. Enter your email and a
password, or connect using Facebook, whatever works best for you!
Your campaign will be reviewed by a member of AIM’s staff. Once it is approved, you will get an email
and can start promoting your campaign to your friends and family! Please 24-48 hours for approval of campaigns.