Welcome to the AIM Sex Trafficking Prevention Workshop!
If you’re tired of just knowing about the problem of sex trafficking, this training is for you! This course will equip you to learn about ways you can prevent sex trafficking in your own community. It’s about committing to freedom on behalf of the victim and the oppressed and heeding God’s call on your life to do justice.
It is about moving from awareness to action.
This course is designed for Christians, but the principles discussed and tools provided are universally applicable. There is no amount of strategy, education or awareness that will solve the problem of trafficking unless there are people willing to sacrifice their time, energy and resources to be part of the answer.
YOU are the answer to the problem of sex trafficking.
It’s easy for someone to hear about the evil of human trafficking and feel hopeless or helpless. I was there several years ago. It can be paralyzing. But the truth is we CAN do something about it. Clayton’s focus on practical and immediate actions is absolutely necessary for any human trafficking course. A class on human trafficking should move people, not leave them feeling paralyzed. Awareness + Action = Abolition.”
Daphne Phung, Executive Director and Founder
California Against Slavery
Clayton Butler is a credible, authentic, deeply devoted and highly effective abolitionist in the fight against the 21st century slave trade. He is one of those rare individuals who inspires me to believe that we really can turn the tide of this great injustice. It has been my great privilege to learn from Clayton as a personal hero for the past three years. His work, character, and devotion to the victims of sex trafficking is transcended only by his love for God. A true example to those of us seeking to end slavery.”
Benjamin Nolot, President and Founder
About the Training
The training course is presented in 7 sessions designed for you to take as an individual on your own time or with a group. Each session has a step-by-step guide including:
- Training Video
- Handout and Homework
- Supplemental Writings
- Online Resources
- Community Mapping
If you’re leading a group, look for the LEADER’S GUIDE of each session and check the Leaders tab for some additional materials.
Session 1: Introduction
Prepare to move from a place of awareness to ACTION.
- Watch “Is Justice Worth It?” by Micah Bournes
- AIM’s First 25 Years
- The CNN Freedom Project: Every Day in Cambodia
- The Pink Room Documentary
- Nefarious: Merchant of Souls Documentary
- Defining Human Trafficking
- Human Trafficking and Prostitution
- Human Trafficking Terminology
- Prostitution and Trafficking Factsheet by Prostitution Research & Education
Session 2: A Case for Hope and the Prevention Template
Learn about the three fundamental ingredients for sex trafficking and how they work together.
Session 3: Intercepting Supply
Changing the life of an individual may require that you drastically change your own.
- Watch “The Making of a Girl” produced by Jillian Buckley
- Sex Trafficking: Individuals At Risk of Exploitation
- Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls are Not for Sale by Rachel Lloyd
- Very Young Girls Documentary
- Intercept Supply Organizations – Template (excel doc download)
- Intercept Supply Organizations – Example (excel doc download)
- Local Organizations’ Current Needs – Template (excel doc download)
Session 4: Confronting Demand Part 1 – In the World through Legislation and Law Enforcement
The role of the government and legal system is to shame and punish perpetrators.
Session 5: Confronting Demand Part 2 – In the Church and In Our Hearts
The role of the Church is to offer grace and change hearts of perpetrators.
Session 6: Transforming Facilitators
Where we see evil, God sees an opportunity.
- What We Know About Pimps and Traffickers
- Article about “lover boy pimps”
- Transforming the Facilitators Organizations – Template (excel doc download)
- Transforming the Facilitators Organizations – Example (excel doc download)
Session 7: From Awareness to Action
Build your house on the rock.
- Scripture on Why the Church is Called to Fight Human Trafficking
- Church Abolition History
- “The Missing Ingredient for Miracles” by Clayton Butler
- The Starfish and the Spider by Ori Brafman and Rod A. Beckstrom
- The Pink Room Documentary
- Quiet Talks on Prayer by S.D. Gordon
- Volunteer Resources Database (download)