Agape International Missions (AIM) was founded on the ground in Cambodia in 1988 as a humanitarian aid and church planting organization. Since 2005, our ministries have focused on ending the evil of child sexual slavery.
AIM takes a holistic approach to fighting trafficking, restoring victims and transforming communities, in order to defeat trafficking. Our projects Prevent, Rescue, Restore and Reintegrate. AIM is guided by a distinct philosophy that God anointed the Church through the power of Jesus Christ to overcome evil.
AIM has a US Headquarters in California with administrative staff and local, in-country staff for our programs.
Mission, Vision, and Values
To rescue, restore and reintegrate survivors of sex trafficking through Christ’s love and Gospel. To prevent sexual slavery by planting and equipping the Church to do the same in vulnerable and exploited communities worldwide.
Eph. 2:8; 2 Cor. 5:17; Ps. 9:9, 74:21, 82:3; Matt. 25:31-36, 28:18-20; John 6:25-40 and Rom. 1:16, 8:37-39
The love of Jesus Christ through His followers will defeat the evil of sex trafficking and sexual slavery.
Matt. 16:18; Phil. 2:9-11; 1 Peter 4:7-11
Click to read AIM’s complete Statement of Faith. Our core values are summarized below:
Loving selflessly, as Jesus loves, without expectation or limit. (Luke 10:27; John 13:34)
Doing and saying what is right; giving our best in all contexts and with all people. (Prov. 12:18-20; 2 Kings 12:15; Col. 3:23; Prov. 13:4, 12:24, 15:19; Heb. 6:11-12; Titus 2:7-8)
Serving one another with a commitment to unity, dignity and respect; recognizing the equal value of each member of Christ’s body. (John 13:1-18; 1 Cor. 12:1-31; Phil. 2:2-8; 1 Peter 2:16-17)
Consistently and boldly following God’s commandments by faith. (Heb. 11; Dan. 3:16-18)
YES for the One
Following Jesus’ example; never turning away a person asking for help. (Matt. 5:42; 25:31-46)
When you give to AIM, 89.5% of our total revenue goes directly to programs on the ground, 6.49% goes to fundraising, and 4.02% goes toward management and administrative expenses.
AIM is proud to be rated by Charity Navigator, the largest independent charity evaluator in the United States. We were given the highest rating of 4 out of 4 stars, and a score of 95.47 out of 100 for financial management, transparency and accountability. You can view our complete rating details on the Charity Navigator website.
Agape International Missions has an incredible team of staff members and volunteers who faithfully carry out our mission, day in and day out. At AIM, we believe that Christ through His Church will defeat the evil of sex trafficking, so we invite you, the Church, to join us in this fight!
For information about staff positions with AIM, look to the right. Then, complete the application below.
Work for AIM
You should consider pursuing a career with AIM if:
- You’re a Christian
You agree wholeheartedly with our Statement of Faith. As the foundation for all we do, our Christian faith is a uniting factor among volunteers and staff.
- You want to work in Cambodia or the US HQ in Roseville, CA.
Currently, AIM’s projects are primarily located in Svay Pak, Cambodia. Our US Headquarters is in Roseville, California, a suburb of Sacramento. Occasionally, a remote position will open up but the majority are in Sunny Cambo or Cali!
- You have a heart for justice.
You have already given your time, talent and treasure to the issues of justice. This is your passion and calling. You’re committed to freedom!
“He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” – Micah 6:8
Open Positions in the USA
Positions available in the USA are paid positions, generally based at our US Headquarters in Roseville, CA.
Events Team Volunteer (Roseville / Sacramento, CA)
AIM is looking for fun-loving people who love what we do and want to raise awareness about human trafficking. If you love talking with people and the energy of working events, then this is perfect for you. You will attend local events as needed and represent AIM by talking to people and helping to sell products made by our young women at our employment centers.
To join the team: click “apply to volunteer” and tell us about yourself.
Commitment: Six month commitment to volunteer as your schedule allows
Open Volunteer Positions in Cambodia
Positions in Cambodia are unpaid volunteer projects. These require individuals to raise their own financial support to cover their needs while they serve with AIM.
AIM School English Teacher Mentor (Svay Pak, Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Commitment: 2 years minimum
Project Summary: Assist English teachers through training, mentorship and with their teaching responsibilities of English language learners in Cambodia.
Throughout each segment of the following major milestones, the following goals must be completed:
- Provide guidance and day-to-day oversight of the English
- Be available and present for issues during regular operations of programs.
- Mentor assigned English teaching staff in the classroom environment, coaching them on lesson planning and execution, unit planning, classroom discipline, etc.
- Meet with assigned teachers weekly to discuss student progress, classroom issues, grade level goals and scope and sequence.
- Observe assigned teachers in the classroom and debrief each observation, giving constructive feedback
- Support and encourage English elementary teachers with classroom assessment and report card writing.
- Training Mentees- As assigned, research specific needs of the staff regarding areas in the curriculum that are weak for them , plan how to best meet those needs by researching the curriculum’s content more in depth, and execute and train on content specific curriculum needs
- Attend regular meetings with Project Manager for accountability and project assessment.
- Follow all AIM Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Required Skills, Experience and Spiritual gifts:
- Degree and certification in TESOL
- Two years teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of English teaching methods and curriculum
- Skilled in classroom management strategies
- Curriculum development experience preferred
- Proficient in Office, Google Docs and use of the Internet
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong ability to teach/mentor cross-culturally
- Ability to navigate interpersonal conflict biblically and with maturity
- Two years experience living abroad, preferred
- Experience in discipleship, mentoring and coaching roles, preferred
- Teaching, encouragement, service and mercy
Passion for children, teaching, mentoring and discipleship
English School Teacher Trainer & Curriculum Developer (Svay Pak, Cambodia)
- Work in partnership with Cambodian curriculum assistant to develop and expand English teaching curriculum
- Assist Cambodian curriculum assistant in training (modeling the training first, then helping the assistant do it themselves)
- Observe English Teachers, providing feedback and assistance about their individual skills and areas of needed improvement
- Prepare and conduct teacher training (year-long Teacher -in- training (TNT) program)
- Maintain English teacher resource supply room
- Aid in teaching English to Cambodian staff
- Be available and present for issues during regular operations of programs
- Provide time for discipleship and mentoring
- Implement opportunities for training in skills and leadership with current staff
- Attend regular meetings with Project Manager for accountability and project assessment
- Follow all AIM Standards, Policies and Procedures
- TESOL certification or equivalent experience, or related degree in education field
- Two years experience teaching English to second language learners
- Experience in developing curriculum and teacher training
- Basic computing skills to work with documents, such as curriculum, on a computer
- Two years experience working in overseas school
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Spiritual maturity
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to encourage, motivate and train adult learners
- Good communication skills
- Spiritual gifts of teaching, service, mercy, administration and encouragement
- Passion for teaching and mentoring teachers, encouraging spiritual and professional growth, and developing excellence in TESOL programs
Minimum 2 year commitment
Director of Restoration (Svay Pak and Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Duties: Develop, train, implement and maintain a plan for follow up for those reintegrated from AIM’s restoration or transitional homes. Develop, train and implement a plan for capacity building. Develop, train and implement Policies and Procedures for Restoration programs. Requirements: 5 years experience managing or directing social services programs: overseeing staff, including staff development and training, experience in planning capacity building. Passion for Jesus and justice. Commitment: 3-5 years minimum
AIM School Social Work Mentor (Svay Pak, Cambodia)
Duties: Assist Khmer social workers with planning and execution of social work responsibilities, providing guidance and intentional mentorship. Invest in the continued development of Khmer social workers.
Requirements: Degree and training in Social Work or related field. Two years social work experience preferred. Natural gifting in teaching and training. Ability to use computer, word processing, Google Docs, Internet, etc. Strong cross-cultural communication skills. Strong ability to teach and mentor cross-culturally. Ability to maturely and biblically handle interpersonal conflict. Two years experience living abroad preferred. Experience in discipleship, mentoring and coaching roles, preferred. Initiative to tackle problems, with sensitivity to cultural dynamics. Spiritual gifts of teaching, encouragement, service and mercy.
Passion for children, mentoring and discipleship.
Commitment: 2 years minimum
House Mom Mentor and Trainer (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Duties: Mentor, train and assist the House Mom Manager in leading their department, particularly training and supervision of staff: and disciple and mentor staff in their day-to-day roles and spiritual lives. Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in child development field, or equivalent experience. Minimum of 3 years leadership/management experience. Experience in a Christian ministry or church, preferred. Experience in discipling or mentoring Christians. High level of interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills. Passion for Jesus and justice. Commitment: 2 years minimum
AIM School Elementary Mentor Teacher (Svay Pak, Cambodia)
Duties: Assist Khmer teachers with teaching responsibilities of elementary students. Requirements:Degree and certification in Elementary Education. Two years teaching experience. Knowledge of elementary teaching methods and curriculum. Skilled in classroom management strategies. Curriculum development experience. Proficient in Office, Google Docs, and the use of the Internet. Strong cross-cultural communication skills. Strong ability to teach/mentor cross-culturally. Two years experience living abroad, preferred. Experience in discipleship, mentoring and coaching roles. Passion for Jesus, children, teaching, mentoring and discipleship. Commitment: 2 years minimum
Product Standardization and Design Assistant (Svay Pak, Cambodia)
1. Interact with new and current customers to develop working relationships.
2. Work on standardizing all AIM products offered at AEC.
3. Assist customers in standardizing their products produced at AECs.
4. Work with the production manager at AEC to integrate new designs and standards into the sewing room workflow.
5. Work with and create garment patterns.
6. Resource materials, both locally at fabric markets and internationally by locating exporters online.
7. Create and edit artwork in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design and Manufacturing and 2 years experience in garment design, preferred. Will consider candidates with propensity for fashion design and production.
• Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong knowledge and confidence in maneuvering through the internet
• Strong Organizational skills
• High level of time management skills
• Effective Communicator
• Ability to learn a foreign language
• Experience working cross-culturally
• Ability to work with and create garment patterns, or the propensity to learn
• Experience sourcing materials
• Ability to create and edit artwork
• Creatively gifted
• Passion for Jesus and seeing rescued survivors reintegrated
Commitment: 2 years minimum
All AIM staff and volunteers, whether serving stateside or living longterm in Cambodia, start their journey here. The Application Form (see options below) is your first step. You’ll then be contacted by our human resources department or volunteer coordinator for next steps.
Please give yourself at least 20 minutes to fill out the application as there is not a SAVE feature.
The best way to reach AIM is by filling out the form below. You can generally expect an answer within one business day. You can also take a moment to read answers to many common questions on our FAQ page.